Knit 1, Read 2

Monday, April 02, 2007

Big News to the Third Power

A few days ago, Aaron shared that he had answered an ad for a writer for a new comic book company. Today, he announced pending negotiations, he has been asked to submit 2, that is TWO, MINI-SERIES, or for us uninformed folk, that is 6 - 12 issues per series. For MONEY. Currently, the company is looking for an artist to illustrate.
Lyn IM'd just an hour or so later with equally big news. After deciding not to go to Europe while her Pseudo-aunt Beckie was there to hold her hand, she has decided to go on the Cityscapes/Landscapes art tour to Paris, London, Scotland and Italy for the summer. AND, the art department will help defray some of her expenses since it looks like her sophomore review tomorrow will be a shoe-in, especially since she's decided to change her major from ArtEd to BFA.
SO...That means, I may finally go to Europe this summer. Aaron would probably come with, slight possibility of Scott coming if I can find a big enough tranquilizer gun and a motorcycle sitter.
Last bit o' news. I have systemic poison ivy. Went to the FNP today, not in my lungs yet, but I've been inside since I got it with no contact with the clothes I was wearing when I was pollinated (yes, I got it without touching it either) so I'm on the happy juice known as prednisone. I'm up way past my bedtime even after watching Bill O'Reilly talk about Rosie being a doofus, watching Deputy chase something in his sleep, listening to Scott talk in his sleep about something being "a fallacy, there is no sense in starting that argument...murmur, mumble, something else" while he is pointing at the ceiling and parts sundry. He uses real vocabulary when he talks in his sleep. A month or two ago, he said "biscuits and gravy" and just went back to snoring.
Lyn and Aaron have been preapproving their bits, and I've been scratching and typing. I have PI under my hair. You know the creepy crawly feeling you get when someone says "L-CE" in school? That is the way my scalp feels with poison ivy. Its in my ear. and between my toes. I look like two vampire bats couldn't quite get their act together on one side of my neck, too. The very picture of a lovely lady leper.
Off to eat a brownie and try to go to sleep again. Hope Magnum is on.

3 Comments:

  • Oh my goodness! So much new information. We must talk.

    By Blogger BW, at 9:39 AM  

  • So sorry to hear about your PI! That does not sound like fun at all! Good luck to Aaron, Lyn, and you with your summer plans. Hope Scott will go with you...if Gene made it, he can too! I'll be jealous the whole time you are gone but happy for you!

    BTW, I talk in my sleep, too. Tim says I say complete sentences sometimes and even hit him!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 11:48 AM  

  • I got to meet Lyn last night at Beckie's. It was really fun to meet her! She's a neat kid!

    You should be here with us. You're missing out on lots of fun...even though I know that Gene is there with you.

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home