Knit 1, Read 2

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Busy Day

First day in real clothes.
Got my staples out. Only 4 ouchies. Much better.
Ate at the Greek place to celebrate.
Went to the big and tall shop.
Went to Dillards. bought more big and tall, and a food processor attachment for my Kitchenaide that I've coveted for years.
Went to Sonic!
Went to the pharmacy. :(
Went to the post office (I sat in the car)
But the BIGGIE was....I finally got my chairs back from the upholsterers! They didn't take long, I was the one who didn't get them to the shop. My parents bought a used overstuffed chair in 1941 for $5. I remember it in 2 different fabrics at their house, my older brother remembers 3, my dad, 4. I've had it recovered twice. It is the chair from heaven now. It sits like it did 30 years ago again and the leather is just exactly right for it. I'm very pleased with the newer one (maybe 60's overstuffed- squarish) and the way it complements without looking like I tried to match styles and couldn't. Scott and Aaron have decided we have to watch a Star Wars movie tonight for them to render their final opinions! If the dump wasn't closing in a few minutes, I'd have never gotten them out of them just sitting in the middle of the dining room!
I'm worn out, which is good. I'll probably sleep better tonight. The new meds are making me feel better already (I've had a slight complication - I went to the doctor and you know what that means for me, UTI!)
G and B are coming to spend the night tomorrow. I'm so excited, I can't stand it! It is so wonderful to have friends who you're so comfortable with that a week after surgery with two men in charge of everything that I'm not concerned in the least about the whole "how the house looks" issues. I'd be stricken if certain members of my family showed up!
The ample use of !'s has shown me that it might be time for me to sign off. Medications might be working better than I thought~

2 Comments:

  • Jack "The King" Kirby was infamous for ending every single sentence he wrote in a comic book script with an exclamation point! If it actually warranted an exclamation point, it'd have two!! Questions had exclamation points! How do you think you're supposed to read that?! Even sentences where characters trail off and are interrupted...!! Or maybe just--!

    By Blogger Aaron, at 5:40 PM  

  • sounds like you all had a fun day. and why were you awake at 1:00 this morning?

    By Blogger Lyn, at 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home