Knit 1, Read 2

Thursday, March 08, 2007

What a difference a day makes

I've been fairly good. I've stayed home and not ventured out because I'd been excused from work. I've read another novel or two, The Secret Life of Bees is a wonderful story, you don't even have to squint hard to overlook the universal mother theme, it is just a good read. Kleenex alert.
I would recommend not walking down stairs wearing bifocals, slightly large wool socks, and carrying a glass of iced tea and a camera, however. I did take a slide down the last four steps from the bedroom last night. Broke my little toe, bruised my ego, my elbow, and my fanny, but didn't spill the tea or drop the camera as I landed flat on my back! I do have hidden talents. Called the FNP today, she said not much could be done for a broken toe and as long as nothing else came loose, just to hit the ibuprofen and the couch. So, even though it is over 60 degrees outside, I've built a fire and watched TV and an Indiana Jones movie. I've also knit about a foot on the final section of my brother's nautical afghan. I only lack about 3 1/2 feet! (This section is only a foot wide, so that isn't so much.) Aaron's home due to spring break, and since it is his break, he is naturally sick as a dog. That KO'd his camping trip to parts north. Lyn, who is going on tour next week, is also sick. Anyone around Sweetwater, Borger, or Duncanville next week, give my little girl a hug, though you might not want to drink after her.
I have also figured out how to shoot video withthe new camera, though not how to post to YouTube. That and figuring out how to sell something on Ebay is next week's project list.
Tammie says to update everyday while I'm recouping. At this rate, you'll see something everyday till 2008.

2 Comments:

  • That'll be great especially since Beckie is off in Greece again and not updating at all!
    Sorry about your toe!
    Is Lyn in Authur's chorus? So is my nephew, Wil. Seems like he's going to places in Texas, too. And keep on taking it easy!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 2:45 PM  

  • Where else in Texas are they going? I would love to take the girls (and Parker) to hear them belt out a few tunes. I fell down our stairs while I was holding Parker when he was 4 days old after my c-section. Didn't drop him, but I had lots of pain and HUGE bruises on my fanny later!! Hope that little toe heals quick...

    By Blogger Jenn, at 7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home