Knit 1, Read 2

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

well, i tried

Lyn and friends came home for the weekend. I had a sore throat Thursday, but I was so excited about seeing Lyn, I didn't worry about it. Hmm, maybe I should have taken the advice I give Lyn and "take it easy at the first sign of being sick when your resistance is down" - but, who knew?
So, by Sunday afternoon, I'm feeling really crappy (not a nice word, I know, but very descriptive of my state of mind and health.) I called school to let them know that instead of a full day back, I was going to wimp out and do a 1/2 day both Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon. Well, Tuesday morning got here and I went to see the FNP before going to school at noon - she promptly sent me home...for the remainder of the week. Since Friday is the last day before spring break, that means I have another 2 1/2 weeks to rest and recover.
If you've never been to a family nurse practitioner, I highly recommend it. They ask questions, don't settle for non-answers as a rule, and try to look at the whole person rather than just the current problem. The FNP I saw today was a stand-in for my regular nurse, but she was still able to worm out several things I might not have admitted to someone less, OK, nosy.
The first FNP I knew was also one of the first in the state of Tennessee, Sandy Gates Oster of Memphis, brother Bob's squeeze during the pivotal Memphis years. She's a tough act to follow when you are looking for a FNP, believe me. Pretty tough act to follow looking for a girlfriend for the other brother, too!
So, back to me...since I'll be off another forever, I intend to actually get something accomplished. Finishing the nautical afghan is one, getting back to being able to walk for 30 minutes is another, doing the taxes and getting the computer reformatted are the really heinous tasks. Don't you love that word? Heinous. Sounds really bad and is such a stress reliever to say it! I promise, I am not on pain relievers right now, supposed to be taking an antihistimine, but I'm not even doing that - I just really like the word!
Got a new camera to replace the one that didn't make it home from the AR shooting trip. Scott's bible didn't make it home either, so I hope the two of them are happy somewhere and not waterlogged and forlorn. I'd much rather someone be actually using them, even if it ain't me. I will try to do as I teach my students, "Just push a button and see what happens!" and see if I can post a short clip of the grandcritters playing.
Scott should be off duty in about an hour, just enough time for a good nap!

2 Comments:

  • You are off for a week because you are sick - NOT to catch up on all your chores!!! Take it easy and enjoy the time off. Read some good novels. Keep your blog up every day. and be jealous with Reagan and me that Beckie is leaving for Greece in the morning and she's not taking either one of us with her!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 8:05 PM  

  • Are you feeling better?

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home