Knit 1, Read 2

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

13 hours from one week later...

I highly recommend the site hystersisters for anyone contemplating what I just did. I knew what to expect and I still didn't know what to expect! It was a great comfort to have read through much of the material they have gathered.
Details: I have one ovary left, or right, actually. The left one was webbed, had a cyst, and was shriveled. Everything else is gone. Tumors were exactly the size expected, see your cell phone for a reference as to size. So, not really big, not enough to make a major difference in weight or clothing unfortunately. Since being home, I've slept lots, read 2 books, knit 2 dishcloths, and watched way too much TV. I'm tellin' you, I did not know about some of this stuff on the tube. Unbelieveable! BUT, I'm feeling better. I stayed by myself today and went up and down the stairs without more than a minor crisis this morning. Get my 18 Craftsman staples out Thursday morning! Too cold to stay here at the computer though. Deputy won't lay on my feet, but he does let me know when we have company. He's such a good watch cat. Bea is psychotic, so normal. Aaron has been in my class twice, we've been out due to snow and sickness - but he has already revised my lesson plans to fit what he is teaching and is leaving alternate plans for the Tuesday Thursday sub. I don't know if I'll be able to go back and follow him!
Big Gene's mom died and I won't be able to go to the funeral. Got to go now. sat too long!

2 Comments:

  • Please do not try to do too much too soon. Major cutting requires major time to heal.
    enough sermon

    We are only staying Friday night and a little into Saturday...you may not, and I repeat, NOT, move one single finger to prepare anything!

    By Blogger BW, at 7:19 AM  

  • AMEN to what Beckie said! Milk this for all it's worth and let everyone else take care of you! You will be glad in the long run...this is the voice of expereience speaking. And I agree with you about friends and the Weavers where they love you no matter what your house looks like! Aren't they wonderful?!?

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home