Knit 1, Read 2

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hello, All of you out there in TV land

What show was that from? Arthur Godfrey? Art Linkletter? Red Skelton?
Several little thoughts which actually may be BIG QUESTIONS in disguise.
Why is my dad still trying to mow all the yard in one day? Or even all the yard? He has a terrible time getting to the mower and then has to recuperate for hours with legs that do not want to support him. I want him to do all he can do for as long as he can and fully support and understand that need, but we've already had one family member a bit obsessed with the whole mowing business. (Mowed off 3 toes, finished the yard, drove herself 4 miles to the hospital with a sock in the toe of her shoe so she could operate the pedals correctly.)
Why do I procrastinate so long doing the taxes when I know I'm not having to pay, I have a program which practically does it for me, and I need to get the kids fafsa forms filled out asap, besides?
Why, nearly 8 weeks after surgery, does my body still not indicate hunger or fullness? I eat for pleasure until it is no longer pleasurable at all. Most everything else is working really well now.
Why does every family get one of "those" relatives? (Which means when you marry you have at least 2.) Couldn't they all just be related to eachother and be dysfunctional somewhere else?
Why am I so obsessed with knitting? I went to a fiber show yesterday. Now I want to go to an alpaca farm and buy yarn straight from "Pewter" or "Binkie" or"Tawny." (Although the cool thing is, those yarns will never fade because they grew that way instead of being dyed. Also, alpaca is way softer than sheep's wool.)
But, on a more serious note, WHY DO ANY OF YOU CARE? All your blogs are so interesting and filled with such cool stuff, and you still come by here to read about the mundane cares of my life. That must be why I chose you all to be my friends. You're just all wonderful.

5 Comments:

  • Because we love you and besides, sometimes you have some really fumy stuff on your blog - like Scott's knitted hair!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 8:36 PM  

  • I like this blog.

    A sweet thing, here.

    Joe

    http://www.libertarianismandthings.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Mr. Liberty, at 2:40 AM  

  • My favorite blogs are "stream of consciousness." I love knowing that my brain is not the only one that jumps from mowing lawns to eating to a favorite habit!

    By Blogger BW, at 2:13 PM  

  • I love your ramblings...they make us all feel more human because we all have the same thoughts, too!!
    I'm off to feed a baby so there go my thoughts...

    By Blogger Jenn, at 7:14 AM  

  • dude. that's some extremist mowing. i don't think i've ever felt so strongly about mowing or driving myself to the hospital.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home