Knit 1, Read 2

Thursday, April 10, 2008

So, I'm Fifty and...

I've told Aaron I will claim to be 42 now instead of 39 so I will at least have been 18 when he was born.

I had a nice day at school, just regular stuff, no one knew, so my students played freerice.com. For my birthday present to me, they fed 191 people. (We figure 2400 grains of rice is about a serving.) I cried. http://freerice.com

Scott is currently mowing, so I'm not sure he remembers, tho we did talk non specifically about eating out tonight. I'm practicing not being disappointed. He hasn't remembered my birthday for years. or our anniversary.

Lyn is using her ticket money which couldn't be used last year to bring Scott and me to Chicago while she is there next weekend. That should more than make up for a very normal day today. She's very sweet and I'm VERY excited. Haven't been to Chicago since I was a child.

BIGGEST birthday present though came 3 hours early. My great nephew, Devin Francisco Salas was born last night. Can't wait to pinch all four of his cheeks. He may be a big boy before I see him tho. He lives in Hawaii with his mommy and daddy.

Every one have a great weekend!

1 Comments:

  • What is this "laundry" that you put on my facebook??? We need to plan a fun 50th birthday party! Glad your day was good. I'd be sure to remind Scott and go buy yourself a 5 carat diamond ring - one carat for each 10 years of marriage! LOL!!! Be sure to wrap it and thank Scott for buying you such a wonderful gift!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home