Knit 1, Read 2

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Contentment

I just had a wonderful evening...and now we all know what a mundane life I lead.
I fixed dirty rice for supper with all the fresh veggies to go on top. My dirty rice NEVER turns out well. It was perfect and we all ate until we were stuffed full of good food. For dessert I had a cup of Frangelico coffee with cream, mmmmm.
Already feeling mellow, Aaron popped in a movie, Scott immediately went to sleep, and I watched a very nice movie, no action, few laughs, just a gentle movie, while I watched I had a revelation about a knitting project and unraveled about 200 yards and started that part over. Usually unraveling is a despised act. Tonight it was right. I seldom knit from an established pattern anymore, and the "pattern" I was making up finally came together.
My dad called, he's made it a year as of the second and he is doing OK. We talk every day, I love the fact that we are closer than we've ever been. Thank you, Mother and God.
My 62 year old brother is starting a new business and running in the Music City Marathon Saturday. Can you imagine? Believe me, not if you knew him 4 years ago. Amazing.
Aaron is going to pick Lyn up tomorrow for a weekender at home before her big trip. Very little time at home this year, but that's OK, too. I'll make cheese cake tomorrow afternoon. That is a fun activity usually. Very soothing, almost like baking bread.
The dog is being funny. She goes into her room, brings out a piece of food, eats it in the hall, and runs back and forth between the window and the kitchen door watching the night life outside. Lather, rinse, repeat. I don't know what she sees, but a red fox family has returned to the cave on our property. The last fox was friendly with our last outdoor cat. She shared her food with the foxes, actually sitting a couple of feet away and watching them eat from her bowl. Our current cat sneaks dog food when he thinks no one is looking. Buth then, he also likes strawberries in his cream and used to eat banana chips.
Birds made a nest on the light fixture on the front porch. Wrens, I think. Four little beaks showed up earlier in the week. Mom and Pop are very busy and don't settle down until way past dark. Sounds like a typical family.
Work is hectic these last few weeks, but it is stressful in a way that makes me more productive and I think that is partially why I'm feeling so serene.
We've had three bomb threats this week. All hoaxes. Anyone out there remember the real bomb that went off outside my classroom in Bald Knob about 22 years ago this month? For some reason I want to find the newspaper article from that day. Can't do it. I wasn't as serene that week.
Bonus points for anyone figuring out why I feel so content. Be sure to tell me.

4 Comments:

  • Could it be that Lyn is coming home, school is almost over, and you are planniing a fabulous trip with you family?

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 8:53 PM  

  • I think it's in the dirty rice and diet Coke plus. Tammie hasn't been content since she drank her last diet coke over 10 years ago.
    Does Sam's Club make dirty rice?
    I'm just jealous because she called me today to let me know she and Vivian and Beckie were eating shrimp at Sea-N-Suds in Gulf Shores.
    I turned my cell phone off.

    By Blogger Artist-Tim, at 8:20 PM  

  • Beckie told me what is going on with you guys when we were on the way to the beach. She drove my car down and I drove back by myself on Friday. Tim and i are in Branson now. I am so sorry that this stuff has happened to you and I really CAN feel your pain and frustration and what other feeelings you might be having!Love you guys and you are in my prayers!
    tammie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:23 PM  

  • RUSHTON!! I'm so glad to see that you are still alive! I hadn't heard from you in so long I was starting to worry! How is Lyn doing in Europe this summer? Did ya'll go on your trip to see her, yet?
    Glad to see you are at least reading some blogs....

    By Blogger Jenn, at 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home