Knit 1, Read 2

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

T minus 13 days

Heard from the doctor yesterday - or at least the person who schedules the surgeries. She said I'll be having an abdominal hysterectomy (abominable hysterical-ectomy) at 7:30 on the 31st. Hopefully I'll get the same scar pattern I had with Lyn and Aaron - otherwise I'll have to go back to teaching math since I'll have a giant plus sign on my belly. I can keep my ovaries if I want. I believe I want. Mother was still trying to do menopause at 55 or so I probably have that long before mine conk out.
I don't do well with epidurals, so I don't want any company other than Scott when I wake up. He's been there twice and knows how anxious and teary I am until I can feel my legs and sit up again.
I am having a celebration party at school on the 29th - cookies and punch - to give away my leftover supplies. Sort of a reverse shower. Lyn would not let me make a jelly roll cake. She said it was in bad taste. Me? Bad taste? Why, I NEVER! I was only going to use white icing and maybe a little blue string...

5 Comments:

  • That's so funny! Tell Lyn to get with the program. She could even so a designer cake for you. I'll be leaving for Ghana on the 31st but you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

    Scott must be much better at hospital sitting than Tim. I could hardly wait for Beckie to get there so Tim could leave the room. He was driving me crazy with his pacing! Beckie is a good hospital sitter!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 2:39 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 2:40 PM  

  • Sorry...I don't know how I got that on there twice and i don't even know how to take it off!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 2:42 PM  

  • Sweet Tammie, I took care of it.
    You be careful in Ghana, they may want to keep you! I'm proud of you!

    By Blogger Rushton, at 3:07 PM  

  • Hope you party was fun today!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home