Knit 1, Read 2

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Not to Worry, Round 2

After the third doctor pooh-poohed the breast lump and said the tumors were most likely fibroid and sent me home, I got a phone call about a week later. Has it been a week yet? I'm not sure anymore. Oh well. Next thing I know, the nurse is calling saying that we can wait until the situation is an absolute have-to right now sort of thing, or go ahead with a hysterectomy now while I am healthy, wealthy, and under the influence of too many exams. So, sometime after the first of the year, not really sure when, I'll be doing the party. Somehow, it was a bit more difficult to make the final decision when it was a fact instead of a wish. No idea of details yet. More to come, as well as more exams, I'm sure!
Lyn is home. Brought home some really fabulous stuff from her latest classes. One about abortion that is really powerful. One is a collage of her face - awesome.
More to tell later. With all that has been going on, I've not put up a tree of any kind. We are going to do that in a few minutes, both start and put the tree up; and then I'm going to a movie with my family and not stressing about anything but telling my dad about my surgery. That is tomorrow.
love to all!

3 Comments:

  • Well, let me know the party date so I can be there with the chocolate for the perfect recovery. Tammie thinks that a trip to Europe (eight weeks post party) is also a great way to recover.

    By Blogger BW, at 11:07 AM  

  • Yes, Beckie is right! We left for England 6 weeks to the day after my hysterectomy and believe you me, I rested just like the dr. told me to so I would be ready to go. It was a wonderful trip! I took a nap in the van every afternoon when we were driving from town to town (of, course, I always sleep in moving vehiciles) and was ready to go when we got to every town that evening and the next morning. But I'm ready for any kind of party!

    On another note, Tim wants to see the collage of Lyn's face so take a photo of it and post it on your blog.

    Have fun putting up your tree!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 12:44 PM  

  • Mom had to do about the same thing...hardly any warning, anything, just, "We need to do it NOW"...so she did it and the party was fine. Of course, she did it when I was in Florida so we couldn't come home to help with the recovery, but Dad did quite well in the taking care of her dept. and I'm sure your hubby will do the same!!
    Hope the tree looks great!! Have fun with all the family home!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home