Knit 1, Read 2

Sunday, September 10, 2006

I Miss You

I mainly started this blog because I felt guilty asking Lyn to keep one to keep me updated, but then she never got info from home. I was being very one-sided and selfish. I report poorly on the week, though I do try to call her at the drop of a hat and I text more than I can afford. All of that is not enough. I know two of you will understand this statement more than anyone else who might read this comment. "I miss my daughter."

I missed Aaron when he was away, too, but our communicaton is largely verbal. That wasn't interrupted as much when he went away to school. Lyn and I communicate by touch and looks as much as with words and I'm having physical withdrawl symptoms this year.

Both of them being gone was somehow easier for some reason. Maybe I just didn't have long enough to adapt to the empty nest before Aaron moved home and I was somewhat whole again.

Maybe all of this rambling is because of the funeral we have to go to today. A friend has died, single mom, killed in a one car accident. She leaves behind a young, fifth grade son. There are just so many facets to life and death we don't see until the beginning or end of a life. It's like we never fully learn the lesson a death teaches and we never really listen to all the lessons a birth can teach.

It has taken far too long to write this, and it is depressing. I'll do better next week. Maybe I'll even tell you something uplifting, but this week - thanks for listening, gang.

6 Comments:

  • i miss you too mommy

    By Blogger Lyn, at 11:32 AM  

  • I feel your pain!

    By Blogger BW, at 12:07 AM  

  • I know how you feel from the daughter's view...I miss my mom tons and even more when I hear sad stories like young mothers leaving behind children. I hope that something uplifting comes from your depressing week. Moms are the best!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 7:22 AM  

  • whoa. i miss my mom all the time. i would move back to searcy just to be by my parents. unfortunately, the census of single men my age is very low. although my job marketing is amazing there.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:07 AM  

  • I know what you mean! I think I miss Laura even more now that I know she is married and doesn't really need me any more...she has john to take care of her but those Laura hugs are wonderful and no one can give them like her! I'm praying for you and the child of your friend who died. That's a tough situation to face for everyone. I pray that the child has an aunt or uncle or grandma or grandpa to take him in and love him.

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 11:42 AM  

  • Thanks for the support everyone. I love you all!
    We wound up going to two funerals yesterday, both moms. The mom who went to church with us was also a state trooper. Two senators, 52 state troopers, plus 50 assorted county officers (including husband, Scott) made an impressive sight. The next funeral had all of the county rescue squad out in force for it as well. Spectacular sendoffs for a couple of amazing ladies. I hope they knew in their heart of hearts how loved they were.

    By Blogger Rushton, at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home