Knit 1, Read 2

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I Understand

I may not understand everything, but I can sure understand "butt draggin' tired." This is week 5 of school and I'm ready for Labor Day. Whewee! My fanny literally hurts. I don't understand how, I stand up all day. Yesterday and today I caught myself doing something bizarre. I was eating lunch STANDING UP! Why? I guess because I'd been buzzing around my classroom all day and I just couldn't figure out which end went in the chair. Wore my favorite "teacher shoes" today and my feet still hurt. Though my plan is to teach till I'm 100, I don't know if I'll make it to 50 at this rate. I've simply got to learn to teach from a seated position. I need one of those beach lifeguard chairs...or the line umpire chair from tennis.
I read a comment on TH's blog that BW is on her way in 5 short days. Wow! Evil green-eyed monster attack! Can't wait for you to come with your computer and share pics! Do the blog thing again, that was great.
So the only thing going on in my life right now is school. Scott is in South Carolina in the path of what is turning out to be the last of Ernesto. Hope he'll remain depressed and weak instead of raining on Little Scottie.
Lyn has a cool idea for her multimedia class. I mailed her favorite pair of ratty jeans along with 4 yards of tulle. The jeans are going to get wings so she can "fly by the seat of her pants." Can't wait to see how they turn out~
Love to all. I'm going to go take a nap.

4 Comments:

  • I'd love to see a photo of those pants!

    And by the way...you are welcomed to travel to Italy with Vivian and me over Thanksgiving to see Rebecca Jane...the more the merrier...vivian just tells her principal that she is going to be sick and takes off.

    Hope Scott gets home safely!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 2:23 PM  

  • it got here today. but i was asleep when the post office closed. didn't mean to, but took about an hour and a half nap. but, it was needed. so, after eating, we were checking our mail- and there it was- that yellow slip of paper. ARGH! i had checked it at 330- so, it must have gotten here at 345. oh well. tomorrow i go to the arts center (muesum) in little rock. riding with kyle and some other boys. kyle's been really sweet to me lately- don't really know what's goin on there- but we'll see. and- tonight i rode around on the golf cart with the youngest mcdonald- brian, andy, and casey's little brother daniel. it reminded me of being with andy- who i did get to see. : ) i got lots of newspapers for free today- to help fill my jeans- i'll probably work on that a lot tomorrow afternoon, then sunday morning before going to memphis with luke- then again when we get back, and finishing up on sunday. i think it will turn out fine- and i'll have plenty of time to get it done. thanks for mailing me all that stuff. i'll probably talk to you tomorrow. love you!

    By Blogger Lyn, at 7:10 PM  

  • i meant to say- memphis on saturday. not sunday.

    By Blogger Lyn, at 7:13 PM  

  • We can be on the lookout for a Lifeguard chair. I think it is a great idea.
    Are you coming during Big Shoot time? Make sure to get a key from Gene before he goes out to Takodah or mother also has one. You can just make our house your home base and then visit with Lyn and go up to see the guys if you want. I will not promise the condition of the house since Gene will be baching.

    I do leave on Monday. Mostly I am ready. Tammie is absolutely correct in that invitation. But you know that you can also sneak over during December...

    By Blogger BW, at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home