Knit 1, Read 2

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Back to School

Well, summer's over. What did I get done? Lots of knitting. A little reading. Carpet ripped off the stairs. The ceiling on the porch removed. Screens on the porch replaced. Meeting with my contractor nephew who totally revised my plans for the porches. New carpet? No. New ceiling in kitchen? No. New stairs? No. Oh well. There's always next summer!
I start back to work tomorrow. Conference in Franklin for 3 days. (BW, that's 5 miles further than the bridge) This is the conference I'm being sent to by a county other than my own because they appreciated the work I did for them on a consulting basis last year! Is that neat or what?
We had friends in from Palm Springs yesterday from the movie days. They still dabble in the "biz" and still live "the life," but mainly are retired. Sweet wonderful people. Two of a handful of people Scott keeps up with anymore. There were a few you'd be proud to meet your parents or your children. Most of them are "old Hollywood" types who still hold to moral codes and values. Rare these days. Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be actors. Or grips. Or PAs. Or best boys.
One last thing we'll try to do before the 24th and my first official day back at work. My Nashville cousin and I are going to take my Germany cousin on the Nash Trash tour. She's considering moving to TN when she retires and is sort of thinking of Nashville. We thought we'd give her something to think about. The Nash Trash tour occurs on a pink tour bus with 80's tacky hostesses who serve cheese whiz on Ritz crackers to the passengers. Passengers are encouraged to BYOB. One of the destinations is the parking lot of the Davidson County jail where many of country music's finest have been known to spend the night on occasion. http://www.nashtrash.com/nashwhat.html has a cute video with Al Roker taking the tour recently. We think we'll dress for the day (if I can find my denim mini and red boots...) and embarrass everyone we know. There's just so much to do in NashVegas. Think lunch will have to be the White Trash Cafe. Hey, Reagan! When do you get home? This is the cousin who does Sweet Potato Queen!

3 Comments:

  • That NashTrash Tour looks like a hoot! Sounds like something we need to take a bunch of girlfriends to do. And I do love the Sweet Potato Queens! You have lots of fun with your cousin.

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 6:21 PM  

  • I did not know about this tour. I am ready to go whenever we can get a group together. We can get the ladies who are approved to help clean my house in case of an trauma/accident to go on this tour. I think that dressing for the occasion is an absolute must. Have fun with your cousins.

    I am so sorry about the school thing, but I know that you do get some break time in the fall....I think you should come to Italy with Tammie and Vivian at Thanksgiving!

    By Blogger BW, at 7:15 AM  

  • i have been dying to go on that tour!!
    i get back to nashville probably on the 20th or 21st of august.
    i'm hoping since i will be in oxford in the spring, i can go down to jackson for the sweet potato queen/st. paddy's parade!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home