Knit 1, Read 2

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Lands o' Goshen


I had a great day today at work. We had inservice, the constant joy of a teacher's life. BUT! My day was good because I got to do something I really enjoy, sharing with others and I got to do my last bit as an ORBIT anchor. Bill Byles and Susan Brooks came from Internet4Classrooms. I didn't get to participate in their inservice, but everyone was very complementary and I just basked in their sunshine. Susan is a wonderful person. I'm sure Bill is too, but Susan and I have become email buddies over the summer. I was glad to finally connect personally.
I have a great day at work most days. I do come home tired, but I usually feel like I was able to impact someone in a positive way. That is enough for me. Today, and days like it, almost seem like a sugar rush.
I'm glad to be getting back to my hall with "my girls" who are ALL such wonderful neighbors and friends. It helps that a big percentage of us were elementary teachers at one time.
Lyn caught a snap of Deputy and Bea rough-housing. My grandcritters are a constant source of laughter.
So, life is comfortable right now.

4 Comments:

  • I hope that you and Lyn didn't have to suffer too much. Thanks for letting us stay at the Rushton Inn again!

    By Blogger BW, at 1:35 PM  

  • I just thought I'd let you know that I finally found a few minutes to search out your little corner of the blogosphere. I've enjoyed reading your posts. You are so open and honest that I feel like I know you better after having read them. I also want you to know that I really enjoyed our in-service today and I appreciate all the work you put in to it. I've added your feed to my bloglines. I look forward to blogging with you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 PM  

  • I'm jealous that you got Gene and Beckie again...guess I'm just too close to Searcy....Good luck with your school year and your EdD or is it EdS.....I'm still not sure what I'm going to do....As my practice picks up I get more and more wishy-washy (how's that for a good academic word?)

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 7:25 AM  

  • And when will you be arriving in Bartlett with those Apple Brownies? I have several empty beds right now....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home