Knit 1, Read 2

Monday, July 24, 2006

This has no title

8:00ish(am) Gene just called to ask Scott if it would be a worthwhile stop to go thru the PA HD factory tour. What were you thinking, Gene? Harley tour? WoW! Even I'd go for that one! By the time Beckie and I got on the phone the service was breaking up and the only thing I heard her say was, "Vir-fssk-ia fisssksk fisskk-boulous!" Yes, Virginia is fabulous! Aren't you glad you took the Blue Ridge? God knew what he was doing when he created the Smokies first. Those Western and European tourists will have to wait centuries to see what we have out the back door.
Scott is in school in Effingham, SC. Never heard of it till now and he says the place is huge. They are staying at a Marriott. No free breakfast. No free wireless. No free nothin. Nice hotels really stick it to you. The last really nice hotel I stayed in even had valet-only parking unless you walked to the parking garage down the street-where you still had to pay. I believe I'll keep my Super 8 toll-free number handy, at least when I'm the one paying.
This is it. As soon as Lyn gets up we are going to put my stuff back in my classroom. Then tomorrow it all starts for real. Inservice all day the rest of the week and then school starts Aug 1. I really do love the year round schedule, but geez Louise, it came early this year.
I'm almost finished with Jeremy and Amanda's afghan. (If you kids read this, surprise!) But, now that school is starting, I'm not sure when I'll get it all together. I also bought 2 books Saturday at Great Escape. I think it might have been wishful thinking. The only thing I've done all summer is knit. I told my sister-in-law I believed it was my way of grieving. I've basically ignored all my other projects. Like painting the house. Or cleaning. Or exercising...Things that only get done in the summer, didn't. But! I've knit 2 afghans and a 6' wrap!
Aaron has another date with the ex-girlfriend tonight. I know he keeps telling her there is no chance of them getting back together, I just hope she is hearing that. She's a sweet girl, just not daughter-in-law potential, apparently. Aaron as a heartbreaker- who knew?
Lyn is saying "how long will it take you to get ready?" so I suppose I'd better do something constructive toward leaving.
BTW, I didn't get to do the white trash tour, yet. My cousin had to go back to Atl before we could do it. SO...come on girls. Bring your Dolly dress-up duds and let's go!
6:23p
Lyn and I just got back from school. She helped me so much. My drawers are organized. She put stuff in the filing cabinet I'd been hoarding for 2 years. We checked out the computers. We got all my gizmos working again. I'm ready for tomorrow. Altho, I don't remember where I'm supposed to be at 8:00. Hope it is my building, cause that's where I'm goin!
So...we made a stop at Goodwill, too, OK. I'll confess. $20 for around 11 T's and 2 buttonups. Fun times. Also found a IPOD shuffle car adapter for Lyn's roomie. I love Goodwill. It is usually cheaper than therapy.

2 Comments:

  • Beckie and Gene called me today from Hersery, PA. By the time he had finished describing to me the luscious chocolate stuff they were eating including the dish made of dark chocolate that could also be eaten that it was in as well as the dark, creamy chocolate milkshake that they were drinking, I was about slobbering all over my self. I am glad that they are finally taking this trip together and having so much fun. I can't think of any two people who desedrve it more!
    Now as for Goodwill...you and my Laura would enjoy that trip together....as for me...I can't stand going through the clutter and such...I'd rather eat ice cream for my therapy!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 6:48 PM  

  • The Harley factory was so interesting. I sat on several but didn't put a down payment on any. Then, like Tammie says, we happened on to Hershey. I think it should be called Hershey Heaven. So much chocolate and so little time!

    By Blogger BW, at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home