Knit 1, Read 2

Friday, June 30, 2006

I'm Pooped

Lyn and I worked on some of the rain damage to the porch today. Pulled down most of the ceiling. I can barely move. She's out with the girls in town. 30 years makes a big difference. We both like the look of the exposed rafters, but it does add to the heat considerably. Scott thinks I can pull the ceiling in the kitchen down by myself. I think he is dillusional. I just hope we get the two ceilings finished and the glass up on the two porches before winter. I'd like to get some painting finished, too, but, who knows.
Finished Dean Koontz's Forever Odd today. Not quite as good as Odd Thomas, but still enjoyable. Also knit several inches on Lyn's afghan from the yarn she bought to make scarves for girlfriends 2-3 years ago. Had to do something to breathe again after all that work on the porch.
Lyn's dog ate 1/2 of a pair of new sandals today. Lyn's. Not mine. The dog is in deep poo right now. She'll probably wish she could poo tomorrow.
Made 2 loaves of good bread today. Easy in the mixer. 1 T. yeast, 1/2 cup warm water, 1 t. sugar (allow to proof 15 minutes) Add 1/3 c. milk, 2 t sugar, 1 t salt, 1 T mixed herbs - parsley, oregano, thyme, rosemary, chives, dill- 2 T melted butter, 1 c graham flour, 2 c plain flour. Mix and knead till it is elastic. Allow to rise till about double in whatever pan you're cooking in. Bake at 350 about 45 minutes. Serve warm with sesame oil, peanut oil, and soy sauce, or with just your basic warm olive oil and garlic. Yumm. Wish I'd made it while the Weavers were here.
Right now, Lyn and Deputy (17 pound cat) are playing. Actually, Deputy is trying to "sneak" up on Lyn. The only problem with that is that he is on the piano keys. He is still doing the classic cat sneak moves with the butt and rear feet, but he's performing a basso recital while he's at it. Now he's distracted again. Lyn announced her belief that Dep has ADD. Well, he does take after his "father" Aaron.
Well, I'm being called to other things, like bed and my new Jan Karon novel. Although, now that I have it home, I think I've already read it. Father K eats a cake and goes into diabetic coma. The jacket blurb just didn't sound like what I'd read. Anyone heard about Ken Follet doing a follow-up on Pillars?

3 Comments:

  • i find it funny that i'm 2 places at once in this post. i didn't know i could be out with the girls, and play with the cat at the same time- but apparently, i can. nice to know. i wonder how that works with classes...

    By Blogger Lyn, at 10:06 PM  

  • Thats what you get for staying out late and sneaking in while I'm typing.

    By Blogger Rushton, at 7:48 PM  

  • You know, I think that's why Stephanie Plum is so easy to read. I can keep track of what I have read if I can count. I love JK and the Tim books but I also can't remember which I have read...all the titles sound alike!

    By Blogger BW, at 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home