Knit 1, Read 2

Monday, April 14, 2008

Eating Memories

Scott and I went to church at West End again yesterday. It was good. We were running just a smidge late and it was raining slightly. It would have been nice to have the same thing the Anglican's have on Sunday mornings...valet parking. Even the Kroger in Belle Meade has valet parking. Wow.

We drove around looking for a diner Scott semi-remembered, we didn't find it, wound up someplace not memorable apparently, but afterward, the light was on! So, we bought a dozen and I made Krispy Kreme bread pudding for Scott's supper last night. But that left 5 in the box, 2 of which were just "memory eaten" by me. Mother would slowly warm day old Krispy Kremes in an iron skillet in just the least bit of butter until the bottom was crisp and the top was soft and starting to caramelize the sugar glaze. Took me back to being five years old in the kitchen at 419. Yum!

We also went to the jewelry store where Scott bought my ring wrap for our 12th anniversary. For my birthday, I wanted all the stones on one ring. After two trips, they told me they can't do it. They also can't stretch my ring since I've worn it until it is almost worn through and the way the diamonds are set they won't cut it to put in a piece. So, I either have a custom ring made, or let my diamonds live in the drawer where they've been for a year. Pooh.

To ease my disappointment, we bought the newest attachment to my favorite kitchen toy, my Kitchenaid. Got the ice cream maker. I'm excited. Made french vanilla custard tonight, but you have to freeze the bowl and chill the custard, so it will be tomorrow night before we taste to see if it is as good as Maggie Moo's - as if anything could be. Sigh.

4 Comments:

  • I am drooling over those Krispy Kremes in the skillet AND that ice cream!

    Can you trade the band in on another mounting?

    By Blogger BW, at 7:39 PM  

  • I am drooling too over the Krispy Kremes in the skillet and I'm sure the ice cream will be wonderful, but I'm not sure that as much as I love ice cream that I'd want to make it! Sounds like work to me!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 10:30 AM  

  • i am completely inspired by your krispy kreme recipes....please tell me how to make the bread pudding!

    you make it sound so easy.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:20 PM  

  • Now I'm sending Aaron to the store to get donuts and the attachement for my kitchen aid, too!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home