Knit 1, Read 2

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

another post!



This is the Palmer House where we will be staying this weekend.

The ice cream is tasty, but a bit too frozen. I made it before work and put it in the freezer to "cure." Next time, a three hour cure. Hmmm, that sounds like a song. "A three hour cure, a three hour cure."

My diamonds could be put in another mounting...if they still made them for marquis and if it could be reshaped for ovals. If you frequent pawn shops, BOLO. (Be on the lookout!)

Discovered reason for tingly feeling in fingers and "pulled muscle" pain was probably a broken rib. All that hacking in the winter. That reminds me of a Daddy story.
In Nashville, down church row, is one of the biggies. The church has some really steep steps. (Remember it? There is a Walgreens across the street. Or maybe its an Eckerds. anyway...) An elderly congregant was being laid to rest and his buddies were carrying the casket out to the hearse (of course, down those steep steps - why couldn't they have planned that one better?) Well, long story short, one of the old men missed a step and that set all the other old men off and they let the casket slip. As luck would continue to work, it slid all the way down the steps, gaining speed, sailed across the street and in to the front window of the drugstore. The casket burst with the impact! The old fellow popped up out of his box and said, "You got anything to stop this coffin?"

Aaron is going to be in Dallas while we're in Chicago. Somehow that doesn't seem fair, but I don't know if it isn't fair to Aaron or if it isn't fair to the rest of us! He will be "churched" when he gets back home tho. I think they're going to a synagogue, a mosque, an Eastern temple of some sort, Ba'hai worship center, and maybe RC mass. That's either all but one or one too many. I know my brain would be on overload. Its hard enough to have communion before the sermon!

Last thing, go to Aaron's facebook and read his notes about music. I've told him he needs to send something to Rolling Stone. If you agree, push. I'm trying not to go Jewish mother on him, but it is difficult! However, it could be I'm just blinded by the amazing abilities of my two stellar offspring and cannot see that I might be the slightest bit biased.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home