Knit 1, Read 2

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It Made Me Snort

Were you watching Fox News this morning about 6:45? Marie Osmond was doing the weather. She pointed to the 89 degree graphic on one city and called it "98" and then said - "Oh, I'm dyslexic." Then, she did it again on another city...maybe for a laugh. But what got me going was when she pointed to El Paso where the predicted high today is 102. Marie said, "Oh, it's just summer. I have my own personal summers all the time at my age." The "friends" cracked up. So did I. I can relate. I can also relate to the fact that despite being just as cute as she was 30 years ago, she has like me, packed on a couple of pounds. To further illustrate how much like me she must be physically, the back of her really cute green skirt was about 4" shorter in the back than in the front when she got up to do the weather. That's my kinda gal!

3 Comments:

  • No, I was not awake nor alive at 6:45 any morning!! But I did love the story about Marie...I have always loved her...she and Donnie did a movie called, "Going Coconuts" when I was a little girl. I am sure it was quite stupid, but at the time I would watch it daily on the VCR (my poor parents)....
    I'm glad to see you are back and busy with the house. That is always great for me, too. We need to get busy on some more rooms around here...maybe I need to go to Lowe's and search for some rugs!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 7:36 AM  

  • What were you doing up and watching TV at 6:45? This is your last few days of summer!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 5:21 PM  

  • I think that Marie would be a much better presidential candidate than the other female who is currently running. I'd vote for Marie in a heartbeat!

    I am so happy to see you have returned to the blogging community....we missed you!

    By Blogger BW, at 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home