Knit 1, Read 2

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I'm laughing out loud by myself

OK, last time, maybe, with the knitting stuff. This lady is just too funny. The link is there if you want to read the rest of the story or to pass it on to another knitter. But just to give you an idea of the latest knitting pattern I'm reading, on making socks btw, here's a quick quote or two. Itallics mine.

"Repeat this process slowly and mindfully, flipping back and forth, until you have 32 stitches of each color on the needle (64 total). Put the knitting down, walk to the kitchen, and eat an entire bar of chocolate."

"Your mantra will be "A in front, B in back." That's not a very spiritual mantra, but it's a helpful reminder of basic technique. It is also is spare enough that you can breathe serenely through it or insert the swear words of your choice into it."

"This is one of those (many) points when you may want to throw the knitting accidentally-on-purpose on a lit gas burner"

You may want to pick up knitting just so you can have fun like this with me!

After 26 years of marriage, Scott and I are going on the second night of our honeymoon, and, with any luck, night 3. We are going to Fall Creek Falls! I'm excited! I've been trying to get him there since 1979. He claims they can't be any better then the FCFs in NY. Well, I didn't see his FCF in NY when we were there, but I still think the Tennessee ones are bound to be better than any old Yankee waterfalls. OK, well... other than THE falls. To beat those, I'm sure you have to go to Africa.

Had another good wedding. Looks like there will be another by the end of the year. That one looks like it will either be a destination wedding or an elopement that we are all invited to. That will be all the nieces. Arby will probably wait until he is 50 from the looks of things.

I went to Searcy after the wedding with Lyn. Spent some time doing her laundry, we went to LR, we ate at Doc's (not bad!), and I read five books. Two were on CD, read to me in the car, but still, that wasn't really cheating since it kept me awake and semi-alert while driving. I'm looking for Janet Evanovich's number 12. My library is supposed to have it for me soon. That lady is addictive! If you haven't read it, try to find Visions of Sugar Plums. Excellent as well.

I must get up and get something done. Like get out of my pajamas before anyone gets home. Hope all are well.

2 Comments:

  • I may have to take up knitting just because that lady sounds like so much fun.

    Are you going back to Searcy for the Big Shoot weekend? I don't know how long your break is. And a two night honeymoon! How fun.

    Hugs to all the fam from Italy.


    zfitvy

    By Blogger BW, at 3:42 PM  

  • Could I just forget the knitting and go straight to the kitchen for the candy bar? That sounds better to me.

    Have a wonderful time on your trip. Sounds like you already had one ideal trip if you got 5 book read. That sounds like an ideal holiday to me. I love to read but it seems like these days all I get to read are journal articles or books to give me ideas to help my clients (which I don't mind) or theory books (which I hate) to help me past my boards! One day i'll get back to pleasure reading. I do love Janet Evanovich, too!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home