Knit 1, Read 2

Sunday, September 24, 2006

IT is ALMOST finished!!!

Some of you who've visited the hill since school started have seen the two concurrent knitting projects I have going. I'm glad to report the nautical afghan (which I cut down to a more managable 6 1/2 feet by 4 feet) is a short 30 rows from finished! I lack knitting in the name of my brother's boat, excuse me, ship, into the header. The lace bit for my niece has lived in my purse and I knit on it when I'm in the back seat of the car. I figure I have at least a month to finish it and I'm well over 1/2 done. Emila probably won't elope for a month, unless she decides to get married while her sister is in from Hawaii. My knitting log has at least 4 projects to be finished by Christmas, but hopefully they will all be fairly quick.
I know the rest of you are not knitters, but I stumbled upon the picture of the two ladies at a knitters' convention (ah, what a dream) and thought the afghan Shelly (the tall one?)
is knitting with donated scrap sock yarn from all over the world was just gorgeous. Looks like a log cabin quilt pattern. OK, I know I'm a knitting nerd to post someone's picture I don't even know, but hey...it's art!
Phone just rang. Motorcycling on the Natchez Trace. Yippee!

1 Comments:

  • You may consider yourself a knitting nerd but I know that you produce beautiful things!

    By Blogger BW, at 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home