Knit 1, Read 2

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Exit 143

If you have any reason to drive on I-40 between Memphis and Nashville, you must stop at Exit 143 and have cinnamon buns. I personally like the ones which have been sliced and then rebaked until they are cinnamon crutons, but hey, that's just me. Scott and I rode the bike out this morning while it was still only in the 90's for buns and coffee. We'd ridden about 100 miles and were still back by lunch time. That's the way I like to do it unless we are going to actually do something on the other end before we come home. Lunch in Lynchburg maybe. Or a museum in Alabama.

I bought a new phone today. It is pretty plain Jane, but in a couple of weeks we are updating our service so we can IM on the phone. How cool is that? Lyn and I are excited and will probably be the only ones to use it, but since we can't IM at school, it will be a big help when we are trying to do banking or doctor stuff long distance. Lyn and Aaron's phones can play music, arrange your schedule, and wash and fold your laundry. I wanted a speaker phone. I'm such a cheap date.

I just made one of my once a year's. Mannicoti is in the oven. I will usually make lasagna once every six months or so, and buy it once a month - but once in a great while I'll fill the little tubes or the big shells with cheese-y yumminess and we will all eat until we are cross-eyed. I should have made it last night, because Aaron has to work tonight, snoreville. Just 35 more minutes to wait!!

Went to the half price books store the other day (well, twice.) Lyn and I bought about $40 worth of $0.99 books. I threw in a couple of Janet Evanovich's (not of the numbered ones) on CD so I'd have something to read while knitting. I made a couple of spur of the moment purchases which have turned out to be surprisingly good. I read Easier to Kill by Valerie Wilson Wesley and I have Where Evil Sleeps left to read. They are about Tamara Hayle, a young black private detective in Newark. She's smart like our gal in Janet's books, but a little more level headed. Not enough to make the book boring though!

Lyn just informed me we only have 14 minutes left on the timer. That means time to slice sourdough bread and make tea. Don't you wish you were having supper with us?

3 Comments:

  • Did you eat five bites for me?

    By Blogger BW, at 5:09 PM  

  • anytime someone else cooks, I wish I was having dinner with them! yours sounds especially good tonight!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 9:07 AM  

  • Of course I wish I were having supper with you. It sounds scrumptious. I also would have loved the trip to the half price book store. Isn't it th best? You know, the 143 exit is the one that leads to Waverly. I'm thinking cinnamon and knitting go together really well. Maybe a good meeting spot. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home