Knit 1, Read 2

Thursday, April 02, 2009

April 2

No pic. Can't figure out how to get it from phone to blogger.
Yesterday, April 1, 2009. Scott’s first foray into the wilds of Hickman County since January 14. He was shirtless because we thought the trip would be to the end of the driveway and back. Instead, he was feeling adventurous, so we rode about 10 miles - through the countryside and down the highway a bit (Hwy 7 and Brown Hollow for those in the know) for him to begin getting used to motion again. The ramp that made getting out possible was built by Gary, Kita, and me last weekend. I just had to finish the last part yesterday to get him from ramp to ground. He’s been outside three times now and it has been a big lift each time.

He will be released from home health tomorrow and we will start outpatient rehab as soon as we can get an appointment with Lyn’s hero, Steve. He has been able to sit on a stool and in the car (that took a bit of maneuvering, believe me!) Every day brings something new he is able to do or just does despite everything. He’s managed to put his braces on by himself several times now, though it is still easier with two people.

Pain is still an issue, but not nearly like it was, except occasionally at night. It is getting harder to convince him to take any of his medication, so I know he is on his way back to being himself.

I figure by the end of May he will be walking without the walker or without the braces – maybe without either! He can’t wait till he’s back on the track putting in his three miles a day. Guess I’ll have to go with him. Ick. I love him, but I hate to exercise.

Scott says he feels like he’s been hibernating in a cave all winter. He’s experiencing a sort of time warp, going to sleep when it was snowy and 11 degrees and waking to redbuds and 60s!

1 Comments:

  • Great news about Scott's progress! What a triumph!

    What I do with phone pictures is email them to myself and then save to my pictures. Then you can use the add photo function Blogger has to get them on your blog. You might have more high-tech gadgets to do this. I don't.

    By Blogger Joy, at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home