Knit 1, Read 2

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Very Thankful

Aaron had another ER visit tonight. This time potentially very serious. He will remember this one every time he looks in the mirror. He fell into the glass of the French door on the porch. Lots of blood due to arterial bleeding, trip to Dickson in the ambulance, (they let me ride up front)9cm of repaired cuts, 24 stitches, but he still has two eyes thanks to some pretty awesome glasses, and God's totally amazing grace.
So, I'm thankful to be home with him in the den, relatively calm(me), relatively managed pain (him), thankful that most of the Thanksgiving cooking for tomorrow is finished, and thankful that Walgreens will be open in the morning for us to fill pain meds and get some neosporin.
Count your blessings.

4 Comments:

  • No! I am so sorry that he has stitches and pain. Ambulance. Oh my!

    By Blogger BW, at 5:06 AM  

  • That's really scary! Tell Aaron that I'm sorry this happened and am glad it wasn't worse than it was (although bad enough). Thank goodness his eyes are OK!

    Hope you had a good Thanksgiving despite the ER visit. We all need to count our blessings - there are many of them. :-)

    By Blogger Joy, at 7:53 PM  

  • Oh my word!! What a story...I'm so thankful that he was home where you could take care of him!!! :)

    By Blogger Jenn, at 6:37 AM  

  • Oh my.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home