Knit 1, Read 2

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cable Box Complaints

I am a bit miffed. If Scott were not bedridden I would pull the Comcast box out of the house. These people put two poles in our yard to provide service for others, strung cable wires we have to dodge while mowing, were not going to run cable to our house from the poles THEY PUT IN OUR YARD because it was too farrr, and then charge US to get their service, and when it gets here it is unwatchable. Not just fuzzy. You cannot follow a conversation, much less plot lines. Most any channel above the fifties is interrupted by seconds of blank screen or up to several minutes of constant pixelation. ANYTHING local is digitized and interrupted. The On Demand service only works occasionally. I've called three times today and have only spoken to a native English speaker once. Her grammar wasn't perfect, but at least she was adept enough to schedule a tech to come three days from now. In the past if we had pulled the cable box we would have gotten two local channels with watchable clarity. Now, since our antenna is gone and antenna service is a thing of the past, we are over a barrel if we want to watch TV. If Scott could make it to the den and could watch from his movie library I wouldn't be overly frustrated, because I can watch my two shows after the fact via Bell South on the computer. But since he is tied to one room, he is tied to that TV by default and has no access to his DVD library. I just HOPE the tech is on time and semi-literate Saturday, else my Southern Belle persona may turn to the Joan Crawford-pitbull side and leave marks.

1 Comments:

  • Good luck with this! I know how frustrating this is!

    By Blogger Joy, at 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home