Knit 1, Read 2

Friday, October 27, 2006

I forgot

I had some sort of profundity to post after reading Reagan's blog or talking to Lyn on the phone or maybe it was the word "couchette" in the world travelier's musings. I forgot it before I could even get Blogger up on the screen. Now I can't even go back to the point where I thought of it since I can't remember where it was that I was struck. Oh well, you get something less profound.
I really like the Janet Evanovich series. Having said that, I need to say this. What makes authors think waking up with a leg across your body is somehow sexy? A four year old's leg across your body is inviting blood clots and that horrible tingle you get when your foot goes to sleep. I fail to see how this should send electric surges through my near menopausal psyche. If writers want to awaken amorous feelings in the middle aged set, they should mention things like coming home to dinner being cooked on a school night or not finding dirty clothes on the floor because they are actually in the basket or even really big things like your spouse going with you to a play at TPAC. (Yes, it really did happen! So what if it was Tuna Christmas! We had a good time!)
I'm still tempted to write a book. Maybe one day my characters Walter and Walter Mae will spring forth more fully clothed than they are now.
Off to supper with friends. Love to all you friends out there.

3 Comments:

  • i really did not understand half of the comment you left on my xanga. and no, i do not have a hangover.

    By Blogger Lyn, at 8:28 AM  

  • I love Janet Evnonvich, too, but I totally agree about the leg over your body part...or having him snuggled up close to you ...so close that you are hanging onto the bed post to keep from falling off the bed....

    Plays are good though!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 5:40 PM  

  • HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I totally agree with your statments. I think that we should get together some time and write a novel together. We could make our protagonist a female with hot flashes!

    By Blogger BW, at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home