Knit 1, Read 2

Sunday, December 09, 2007

You know you live in the RURAL South when...

The Parade: about a dozen horses, 3 tractors, 2 bands, Santa in a convertible, and cheerleaders in a pickup. It had been delayed an hour because of a funeral, and I had to go around to get home. I was about 1000 yards from my turn, the parade is nine minutes from starting, and I have to go around 6 miles, one lane churt road (churt is one level below dirt) and had to cross the creek (No water inside the car this trip, thankfully.) But, it is a big deal to march in the parade in whatever little town you live in. Lyn twirled in the same parade about 10 years before we got a traffic light. Ya'll do realize we only live 3 miles from the traffic light? You should come see it. Only one in the whole county. Not even a traffic light in town.
Aaron's surprize cashmere vest is almost finished. (Aaron, I'm sure you'll be able to wear it to Portland, you just might want to be fashionable and just wear it with a tee shirt so you don't cook.) It is turning out to be very beautiful. I get lots of compliments on it everytime I knit in public. Every one wants to feel it of course. Maybe that will lead to hugs for Aaron! Incentive to wear it!

2 Comments:

  • You know, I co-chaired the Bartlett christmas parade for years and when it got to be a chore instead of fun, I quit. the next year when I went to see it, I sat in the stands and wondered why on earth anyone would want to sit out in the cold and watch that...it is so boring just sitting there watching instead of being in the middle of things in the staging area! Don't think I've been back to one since!

    By Blogger Tammie's Thoughts, at 8:11 PM  

  • Two thins...a) what color is the vest?
    b)did Aaron finally get a bed on Friday, now that the semester is over?

    I found out that Latina is the person who handles that...crazy. Stu Varner really went to bat for Aaron.

    By Blogger BW, at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home